If the Foundation determines that a proposed organization/project is aligned with the Foundation’s mission, focus areas and funding priorities, the organization will be contacted and the proposal materials forwarded.
The organization will be given a timeline for the grant proposal. The Foundation requires at least six months to conduct a complete review of a proposed project from initial inquiry to the grant stage. This timeframe includes a comprehensive due-diligence process of applicant correspondence, site visits, and material review.
Funding decisions are made four times a year in February, May, August and November.
The materials included in the Proposal Application are as follows:
- Proposal must be completed online with the following attachments:
- List of Board Officers and Directors
- The following requested Financial Support Information:
- Current Agency Operating Budget
- Funds Received/Committed to the Project
- Funds Requested/Pledges for the Project
- The Agency Technology Plan
- The Agency Facility Maintenance Plan
- Current Financial Audit or a professionally prepared Financial Statement
- The most recent Form 990
- The most recent Internal Revenue Service (IRS) determination letter
- Be submitted online on or before the stated deadline
Once the application is received and reviewed, a site visit will be scheduled with the agency. It is a requirement to have at least one Board member present at the site visit. If a Board member cannot be present, the site visit will be rescheduled.