- Organizations applying for funds must be tax exempt under Sections 501(c)(3) or 170(c) of the Internal Revenue Code and be located in the Permian Basin geographical area of Texas.
- Organizations and agencies may request funds only once during a twelve-month period.
- Organizations that have been previously funded must have submitted a Final Report of the use of any previous grant before additional funds may be requested.
The Foundation does not expect to support:
- Churches or faith-based activities*
- Pass-through grants
- Galas and social fundraisers
- Political candidates, campaigns, organizations, or PACs
- Fund deficits or projects where funds have already been obligated
*Faith-based organizations and/or activities are defined as:
- The activity or project has a connection to a faith
- There is an assumption, expectation or requirement of faith-related activity or commitment on the part of the clients served by the agency,
- Any funding that might be awarded by the FMH Foundation to the agency would be used for any faith-based activities and,
- Classification of Agency on 990 Form lists agency as a “church”.