- Organizations applying for funds must be tax exempt under Sections 501(c)(3) or 170(c) of the Internal Revenue Code and be located (or have an office) in Texas, and primarily, but not exclusively, to those organizations located in the Permian Basin geographical area of Texas.
- Organizations and agencies may request funds only once during a twelve-month period.
- Organizations that have been previously funded must have submitted a Final Report of the use of any previous grant before additional funds may be requested.
- Organizations receiving a multi-year grant will not be considered for additional funds until the grant has been paid in full and a final report has been submitted.
The Foundation does not expect to support:
- Churches or faith-based activities*
- Pass-through grants
- Galas and social fundraisers
- Political candidates, campaigns, organizations, or PACs
- Fund deficits or projects where funds have already been obligated
*Faith-based organizations and/or activities are defined as:
- The activity or project has a connection to a faith
- There is an assumption, expectation or requirement of faith-related activity or commitment on the part of the clients served by the agency,
- Any funding that might be awarded by the FMH Foundation to the agency would be used for any faith-based activities and,
- Classification of Agency on 990 Form lists agency as a “church”.